When we started building our own engines, we found there were all kinds of pipe plug fittings around the engine that we were always trying to scrounge up the correct plugs for from the bottom of a drawer somewhere, or having to make a trip to the local hardware store to find. So we decided to put together a convenient kit which includes every single one of the ten pipe plugs you will need for the entire outside of the engine. This kit includes the following plugs:
1. The plugs for both oil galley ports in the top rear of the block. Normally one of these ports would be used for an oil pressure sending unit, but depending on the type of sending unit you are using, the size of thread can vary. So we include both sizes so you'll be sure to have the one you need.
2. The plug which covers the port into which the fuel pump pushrod is installed.
3. Four plugs for the ports in our (and others) aftermarket aluminum water pump housings. Two of these ports would normally be used for heater hoses, and the other two are for temp. sending units. One is large and one is small, depending on the type of temp sending unit you are using, and whether it is for a light or a gauge. Again, we include both sizes so you'll be sure to have the one you need.
4. The 2 coolant drain plugs at the lower edge of the outside skirt of the block (below the freeze plugs.) One is on the drivers side of the block, the other is on the passenger side. These are located at the lowest point of the water level in the blocks water jackets, (near the oil pan) so they come in handy if you need to fully drain the coolant out of the block.
5. And finally, most aftermarket intakes (Edelbrock, etc) include a vacuum port in the top of the intake for power brakes, etc. Just in case you're not using this port, we include the plug for it also.
Four internal oil galley pipe plugs will also be needed, they are included with the freeze plug kits.